The current career opportunities available at Veterinary Transplant Services, Inc. are listed below. Click to expand each job listing for more details.
Veterinary Tissue Bank Technologist
About the Position
The primary functions of this technician position are to assist with all aspects of creating transplantable grafts for veterinary patients. This involves working in our clean room facility to assist with all aspects of aseptic processing of tissues to specifications and packaging of implant grafts under the Production Manager’s supervision. Appropriate training will be provided.
Specific Duties (but not limited to the following):
- Be part of the team working in our ISO 6 clean room facility using sterile technique for creating and processing tissues for transplantation.
- Ensure that operational readiness of facility and equipment is maintained. Training is provided, but experience is a plus. This includes supply management, environmental monitoring activities, participation in Quality System activities, etc..
- Operate and maintain equipment such as freezers, saws and other hand tools, surgical instruments, compressors, sealers, incubators, sterilizers, clean room HEPA filters, freeze- dryers, etc. Training will be provided but a basic understanding of tool use, safety, and maintenance is desirable.
- Accurately complete required documentation to help ensure that that our grafts meet established standards. The work involves adherence to standard operating protocols. Training will be provided, but strong attention to detail is required.
- Participate in Quality Control practices under guidance including assisting in audits, monitoring quality control tests involving microbiology, and other measures pertaining to graft quality specifications.
- Accurately follow directions and standard operating procedures. Strong attention to detail is required.
Essential Job Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for a motivated individual to help make high quality grafts for veterinary patients. Job satisfaction comes from being a key participant in a small group creating unique products and knowing that what we are doing is making a difference in the quality of pet’s lives.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner, enjoy having a wide variety of things to do, thrive working in a busy technical environment, like working with their hands, understand that accuracy in documentation is essential, and enjoy being an appreciated member of a small team. Some manual strength is required in processing tissues and managing instruments/equipment.
We are looking for a mature candidate who wants to grow in this this job long-term and is interested in taking on more responsibilities as they evolve in this position. We are a small growing business with a need for more bandwidth so a ‘can-do’ attitude, initiative, and the interest to work as part of a team is a must.
- Some Higher Education, and 3-5+ years “real world” job experience.
- Motivated and mature, with a desire for stability and a busy full-time position.
- Comfortable and/or willing to be trained on dissection and tissue recoveries.
- Comfortable and/or willing to be trained on the operation of various types of equipment / tools.
- Experience with MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Ability to precisely follow instructions, take initiative and have a high attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to communicate clearly and effectively and interact appropriately with the supervisor and coworkers.
- This is a physical, busy job requiring manual tasks and occasionally lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be available for a fixed-day M-F schedule, and able to work extended hours on rare occasion.
Recommended (training will be provided, but the following may be helpful):
Some laboratory or veterinary experience desirable.
Experience with QC, SOP’s, and equipment validation a plus.
Familiarity with animal anatomy and terminology.
Manufacturing background a plus.
Salary: $20.00 – 25.00, DOE. We offer a 401(k) retirement plan, a fully-paid healthcare benefits package, Paid Time Off (sick, vacation, and 7 holidays), plus a good working environment.
We are the world’s first veterinary tissue bank. Like human organ and tissue donor programs, we procure, process, and provide tissue grafts for transplant; however our donors and recipients are animals. Most of our grafts are bone, tendon, and corneal grafts that are used to help animals with traumatic or chronic injuries, like fractures or degenerative conditions that can be remedied with transplant tissue. We also support customized requests for tissue grafts. Our customers are veterinarians from all over the world. We provide the grafts that they use in their patients. For more information, please visit our websites: vtsonline.com and https://vtspetshelpingpets.com/
Please apply by emailing a Letter indicating your interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org