Product Types | Advantages & Applications | Case Studies | Brochures
Block, segment and strut bone grafts cut into specific sizes and shapes. These are grafts that are generally not possible to obtain as autografts. We can also create custom made grafts (e.g., wedges, short sections, etc.) for specific applications.
Cancellous Blocks are made from dense cancellous bone typically found in the condyles and plateaus of femur and tibia. See Ordering Page for Sizes
Cortical Segments are femur, tibia or radius ring sections. See Ordering Page for Sizes
Cortical Struts are longitudinal sections of cortical bone from canine tibia, radius, or femur. They will have a flat to semi-round cross-section. See Ordering Page for Sizes
- Available in different sizes.
- Not generally available as autograft.
- Can be trimmed to fit recipient site.
- Biological repair – fuses with, and eventually replaced by, the recipient’s own bone.
- Spinal fusions, periodontics (Cancellous Blocks, Cortical Segments)
- Void filling (Cancellous Blocks, Cortical Segments)
- Bone loss (Cortical Segments)
- Buttressing to augment existing weak bone structure (Cortical Struts)
- Filling large alveoli
- Orthomix & Segmental Allograft: Replacing Resorbed femoral section (Greenwood, “Delenn”)
- Demineralized Bone Matrix & Custom Rib Allograft: Replacing Resorptive Non-union (Greenwood, “Juaquin”)
- Cortical Segment (Bergman Block): Spinal Stabilization for Cervical Spondylomelopathy (Fauber, “Spirit”)
- Periomix Case Studies: Dental Implant & Large Extraction (Periomix + Block + Ossiflex) (Mele)
- Tibial Allograft: Atrophic Non-Union Fracture (Gilbert, “Raffles”)
- GEM Vet & Segmental Allograft: Mandibulectomy (Mele, “Abe”)