- Available in different sizes.
- Not generally available as autograft.
- Can be trimmed to fit recipient site.
- Biological repair – fuses with, and eventually replaced by, the recipient’s own bone.
- Spinal fusions, periodontics (Cancellous Blocks, Cortical Segments)
- Void filling (Cancellous Blocks, Cortical Segments)
- Bone loss (Cortical Segments)
- Buttressing to augment existing weak bone structure (Cortical Struts)
- Filling large alveoli
Cancellous Blocks are made from dense cancellous bone typically found in the condyles and plateaus of femur and tibia.
Cortical Segments are femur, tibia or radius ring sections.
Cortical Struts are longitudinal sections of cortical bone from canine tibia, radius, or femur. They will have a flat to semi-round cross-section.