Product Types | Indications | Benefits | How to Use | Case Studies | Brochures | Presentations | References
GEM Vet is recombinant human Platelet Derived Growth Factor (rhPDGF-BB)-Enhanced Bone Graft that harnesses the power of PDGF and allograft.
Each kit contains 0.5cc Osteoallograft Ultra-Fine and 0.5cc rhPDGF-BB
Suitable for any dental or orthopedic application where bone graft is used!
Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
- rhPDGF-BB recruits cells from surrounding tissue (chemotaxis)
- rhPDGF-BB causes recruited cells to multiply (mitogenesis)
- rhPDGF-BB elicits the creation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis)
Osteoallograft is the ideal carrier for PDGF
- Allograft provides the scaffold & biologic signals for new bone
- Allograft promotes in-growth of cells (osteoconductive and osteoinductive)
- Allograft is natural bone (not a substitute)
- Allograft is remodeled to become the patient’s own bone
GEM Vet Growth Factor Kit
Orthomix Ultra Fine 0.5cc with rhPDGF 0.5cc (Refrigerate)
Use GEM Vet for:
- Filling, bridging, and/or reconstruction of bony defect in dental and orthopedic cases
- Use anywhere bone graft is needed
Veterinarian and Patient Benefits
A powerful combination of rhPDGF-BB* and natural bone graft (*recombinant human Platelet Derived Growth Factor) Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) is one of the ‑first growth factors involved in healing
- Stimulates cell homing to sites of injury
- Stimulates mitosis leading to growth of new cells and blood vessels Real Bone is an ideal bioactive graft material
- Provides an optimal scaffold
- Facilitates new bone growth with native BMP signaling rhPDGF-BB + Bone Graft amplifies the healing process
- Get multiple growth factor signals in one graft‑ material
How to Use
- GEM Vet PDGF: Accelerated Wound Healing (Aaron, “Odin”)
- GEM Vet: Humeral Fracture Revision (Heiser, “Gus”)
- GEM Vet: Intra-Articular Revision (Okrasinski, “Dungey”)
- GEM Vet: Rostral Mandibulectomy (Mele, “Bernard”)
- GEM Vet & Segmental Allograft: Mandibulectomy (Mele, “Abe”)
GEM Vet PDGF & Bone Graft – Mode of Action
- Bordei P. Locally Applied Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Accelerates Fracture Healing. JBJS Br, 93(12):1653-9, 2011.
- Wiratnaya IGE. PDGF-BB Induces Formation of Bridging Callus aer Reconstructive Surgery of Large Bone Defect. e Open Orthopaedics Journal, 12:583-594, 2018.
- Nevins M, et al. Periodontal Regeneration in Humans using Recombinant Human Platelet-Derived Growth Factor-BB (rhPDGF-BB) and Allogenic Bone. J Periodontol, 74(0):1282-92, 2003.
- Hollinger JO, Friedlaender GE, et al. Recombinant Human Platelet-Derived Growth Factor: Biology and Clinical Applications. JBJS Am, 90(Suppl 1):48-54, 2008.
- Chen W, et al. PDGFB-Based Stem Cell Gene erapy Increases Bone Strength in the Mouse. PNAS USA, 112(29):E3893-900, 2015.