This kit contains a sterile jar and 2 sterile pouches to contain the jar aseptically during storage of the graft on antibiotics.
These are contained within a surgical wrap that provides a small sterile field for aseptically adding the antibiotics to the bone graft and packaging the jar in 2 peel pouch barriers for storage. After soaking, the sterile peel pouches allow aseptic introduction of the jar containing the bone graft on antibiotics to the sterile field on the day of surgery.
Antibiotic Soak KitPlace an Order
How to Use
- Anagnostakos, K, Schroder, K. Antibiotic-Impregnated Bone Grafts in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Int J of Biomaterials Article ID 538061, doi: 10.1155/2012/538061, 2012.
- Delloye, C., Cornu, O., Druez, V., Barbier, O. Bone Allografts: What they can offer and what they cannot. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 89-B:574-579, 2007.
- Petri, W., Schaberg, S. The Effects of Antibiotic-supplemented Bone Allografts on Contaminated, Partially Avulsive Fractures of the Canine Ulna. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:699-704, 1984.
- Winkler. H., Janata, O., Berger, C., Wein, W., Georgopoulos, A. In vitro release of vancomycin and tobramycin from impregnated human and bovine bone grafts. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 46, 423-428, 2000.
- Winkler, H., Rationale for one stage exchange of infected hip replacement using uncemented implants and antibiotic impregnated bone graft. International Journal of Medical Sciences 6(5):247-252, 2009Witso, E. Persen, L., Loseth, K., Bergh, K. Cancellous bone as an antibiotic carrier. Acta Orthop Scand 71(1):80-84, 2000.
- Witso, E., Persen, L., Loseth, K., Bergh, K. Adsorption and release of antibiotics from morselized cancellous bone: in vitro studies of 8 antibiotics. Acta Orthop Scand 70(3):298-304, 1999.
- Witso, E., Persen, L., Loseth, K., Bergh, K. Cortical Allograft as a Vehicle for Antibiotic Delivery. Acta Orthopedica 76(4):481-486, 2005.