The Smart Synthetic
Synergy™ is CONFIDENCE backed by years of proven successful use in human medicine.
Synergy™ is an advanced biosynthetic bone graft comprised of calcium phosphates that occur naturally in real bone. It is a biphasic combination of β-Tricalcium Phosphate (β -TCP) and Hydroxyapatite (HA).
Effective Bone Graft Substitute
Perfect for dental applications. Ideal auto or allograft extender.
Clearly evident on radiographic images, allowing visualization of bone graft placement.
The price conscious solution for periodontal or orthopedic bone void filling.
Innovative, Convenient Packaging
Three convenient packaging choices:
Mini-vials 4 cc
(8 x 0.5 cc doses)
Place an Order
Pro-vials 15 cc
(3 x 5 cc doses)
Place an Order
Peel Pack Vials 5 cc
(5 x 1 cc doses)
Place an Order
How It Works
These intelligent bioactive materials have the proven ability to stimulate bone formation.3 The β -TCP quickly releases calcium ions4 that cause clotting and release of platelet-derived growth factors. This cascade of mineral release and blood clotting provides the perfect environment for stimulation of bone healing. The cancellous-like porosity and surface structure encourage inward cell migration. As the β -TCP resorbs more space is created to support angiogenesis and bone formation1. The micro particles of HA provide a more long lasting osteoconductive structure.
Filling, bridging and/or reconstruction of non weight-bearing bony defects.
- Void filling / Extraction sites
- Periodontal pockets / Other bone loss
- Fracture repair
- Cysts / Other osseous defects
- Use as an auto or allograft extender
- Void filling / Osteotomy sites
- Filling & reconstruction of metaphyseal bone defects
Features & Benefits
- 85% resorbable β -TCP
- 15% structurally stable HA
- Phase 1: β-TCP simultaneously resorbs as new bone is formed2, remodeling throughout the graft
- Phase 2: HA microparticles slowly resorb, providing an osteoconductive scaffold
Cancellous-like, Osteoconductive Morphology
- Interconnected porous structure encourages stem cell migration, proliferation and differentiation into osteoblasts2
- Provides for an adequate flow of nutrients to enhance new bone formation3
- Synergy: Extractions (Mele)
- Synergy: Furcation (Clarke, “Wombat”)
- Synergy: Extraction (Mele, “Copper”)
- VTS Synergy Flyer (PDF)
- Does Your Synthetic Graft Look Like Bone? (PDF)
- Synergy Product List
- Use of VTS grafts in different species – Xenografts
- Farina et al., In vivo behaviour of two different biphasic ceramic implanted in mandibular bone of dogs. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 19:1565-1573, 2008
- Spivak JM, Hasharoni A. Use of hydroxyapatite in spine surgery. Eur Spine J. 10: S197-S204, 2001
- Habibovic P, de Groot K. Osteoinductive biomaterials – properties and relevance in bone repair. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 1: 25-32, 2007
- Daculsi et al., Transformation of biphasic calcium phosphate ceramics in vivo: ultrastructural and physicochemical characterization. J Bio Mat Res 23:883-94,1989