Case courtesy of Dr. Rocco Mele, Eastpoint Pet Clinic, Tucson Arizona
“Amos”: 8 year 8 month male Toy Poodle.
“The owner of Amos is a Prosthodontist who knew that preserving teeth was possible. He wanted Amos to have the benefit of having all his teeth. Amos had Grade 3 mobility, and both the Maxillary and Mandibular incisal arches had significant bone loss. , , erotik film izle , rus escort , seks hikayeleri
This is a very common problem and I usually extract and augment, however the owner wanted to try to save Amos’ incisors before resorting to extraction. With his insistence and using principles of Guided Bone and Tissue Regeneration, I used VTS Fascia Allograft and Periomix with open debridement and root conditioning techniques. The fascia allograft handles well and conforms easily. Interrupted and loop sutures were placed around the incisors to support the fascia and gingival tissue. The fascia acted as a protective membrane for the Periomix allograft.
The case turned out well. I saw him at the 3-4 month follow up and both the Maxillary and Mandibular incisors, and the tissues, look fantastic. This clinical case demonstrates the technique used for GBR and GTR for a very tough and common problem! The owner is very happy with the results. Worked beautifully.”
- Pre Op Maxillary RecessionGrade 3 Mobility
- Pre Op Mandibular Recession
- Intra Op DebridementThe extent of bone loss is apparent.
- Intra Op Debridement MandibleMore bone loss evident.
- VTS Periomix® Bone Graft Image
- Packing Periomix® Bone Graft Around Roots
- Fascia Membrane Graft in Place Over Periomix® on Maxilla
- Fascia Membrane Tucked in Place Over Periomix® on Mandible
- Maxillary Sutures
- Mandibular Sutures
- 5 Weeks Post OpBeautiful outcome.
- 3-4 Months Post OpTeeth Saved: “Incisors and tissues look fantastic.”
Post: Why pull teeth when it is possible to save them?